Lemon Butter Chicken with Asapragus and Taters
Yesterday I went to the farmers market, got some veggies, chicken, butter, and had to make something for the week. This is what came to mind, and then I went on the gram later at night, I saw the Whole Foods instagram post the same thing, but the photography skills and recipe showin' me UP. Anyway, this is my version, simplified, hope you enjoy :) And Happy Mother's Day!
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2 pinches sea salt and lots of ground pepper
- 3-4 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- About 2 pounds of potatoes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Chop your potatoes into 1" cubes. Toss with olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake the potatoes for about 30 min (or until tender), flipping every 10 minutes
- Slice chicken breasts down the center to thin them out making about 4 breasts total
- Mix the flour, sea salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken breasts in this mixture
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat. Once melted, place the coated chicken in, cooking about 5 minutes on each side
- Once done, set aside. Place the chopped asparagus in the same large skillet. Sprinkle with sea salt. May need to add in another tbsp. of butter.
- Slice half of the lemon and place around the skillet with the asparagus. Squeeze the rest of the juice in around the skillet
- Once the asparagus are tender, take off skillet and add on the tray with