Crispy Chocolate Bites + Squares
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal (One Degree Organics has a great line)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. peanut butter (could use any smooth nut butter)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice (I used Enjoy Life Foods)
- In a medium bowl, mix the puffed brown rice, honey, and peanut butter until evenly coated
- I used a very creamy peanut butter (crazy richard's), so I had to pop this bowl in the freezer while it hardened
- Line a baking tray with wax paper. Form the mixture into balls and place on the tray. Place it into the freezer again so they can set
- In a small pot, melt the coconut oil over low heat (*use more for a thin chocolate coating, and less for a thicker coating)
- Once melted, add in the chocolate chips. Stir occasionally. Once it's almost melted, but not all the way, take off heat
- Continue to stir until all chips are melted. This prevents it from burning
- Place each puffed rice ball into the melted chocolate until fully covered. Let the excess chocolate drip off
- Place back onto the wax paper. Place in the freezer one last time to harden.
- Once hardened, enjoy! I like to store mine in the freezer for throughout the week
For the Squares:
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper
- Use the same ingredients and directions to make the "batter"
- Don't need to freeze this time
- Press batter into the loaf pan with your fists until compact
- Then freeze
- Once frozen, melt the chocolate in the same way as above, and pour on top
- Freeze again, and once hardened cut and serve!
- Enjoy :) I store these in the freezer as well