Cauliflower Fried Rice
Sitting here at 6 am trying to add this recipe while getting ready and studying for my exam this week, so this is going to be very straight to the point (which you guys may like). I love the idea of cauliflower fried rice, and have been making it for years (nourishing, affordable, easy, and delicious), but sometimes it doesn't stay with me as long as I want it to. Aka- I'm hungry an hour later, so this time I morphed it with some brown rice and I love it!
You can pulse your cauliflower florets in your blender or food processor, but I used Cece's Riced Cauliflower, and honestly this is the type of convenience I'm willing to buy. It saved so much time, plus, it actually tasted like rice because it wasn't soggy like my homemade rice sometimes comes out like.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 8 oz. chicken
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce (plus or minus depending on preference)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat
- Add in the carrots and cook until tender
- Add in the peas (I used frozen), and cook until thawed
- Add in the riced cauliflower and turn to low
- Bake the chicken (I poached it. Directions how to do so here!)
- In a small pan, scramble the eggs, then add to the rice mixture
- Turn off heat, add in soy sauce, and mix well.
- Top with pepper and scallions. Enjoy!
*I ended up adding cooked broccoli to the final mixture because I had extra, and it was delish!