Coco Choco Balls
Finally getting the chance to add a recipe up here instead of just in my instagram captions! And I must say, I'm glad it's for these babies. If you love coconut, or are a die hard Purple Box Girl Scout Cookie-er, then these are for you.
With only 5 ingredients needed, and most of them deriving from coconut for that matter, these are perfect to make to have throughout the week. And I love that they're full of healthy fats. This way, I can have one (or more) and actually be satisfied.
Anyway, no one comes here to read me rambling lol, so I'll get to the good stuff.
What You'll Need:
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (fine macaroon style)
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter
- Cacao or Chocolate chips
- Wax paper for easy freezing and clean up
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut - fine macaroon style like this
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1/2 cup total of chocolate chips (I used half cacao chips and half dark chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (in addition to the 3 tbsp.)
- Pour the coconut shreds into a small bowl. Add maple syrup. Mix. Melt both the coconut oil and coconut butter over low heat or in the microwave. Once melted, add to the coconut shreds and mix well.
- Let sit for a couple minutes to thicken. Mix well again.
- Lay a piece of wax paper over a small plate. Take about 1 tbsp. of the coconut shred mixture at a time, and roll into a ball using your hands. Place on the plate, and let harden in the freezer for a couple of minutes.
- While you're waiting, Melt the 1 tbsp. coconut oil (use less if you want the chocolate thicker) in a small pot over low heat. Add in the cacao/chocolate chips and continuously stir until melted.
- Take the coconut balls out of the freezer, and dip them into the melted chocolate to cover. Place back on the wax paper and let harden in the freezer.
- Once hardened, enjoy! I like to keep mine in the fridge so they're cool, but not frozen.