In a world full of pumpkin, I honestly can't say I'm a huge fan of it. I do love sweet potato everything though, so this fall I will definitely be making all the sweet potato recipes. These cookies use sweet potato, and they're becoming one of my favorite ways to use oatmeal other than just in a bowl!
(These sweet potato pancakes are also one of my favs, but pumpkin puree can be used as well)
They're perfect to meal prep for those busy mornings or you need an afternoon snack. They're only lightly sweet, so I added a little nut butter to mine for a little taste. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup baked sweet potato (can use pumpkin puree!)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup ground chia seed
- 2/3 cup dried cherries (I used Food To Live's)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and line a baking tray with wax paper
- In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients inside and mix well
- Scoop out (I used a 1/4 measuring cup to do so) the mixture, form with hands and place on the baking tray
- Bake for 17-20 minutes depending on how thick or large each cookie is. Or just take out when sides are browned
- Wait until cooled to remove. Once cooled, remove and store in an air tight container!
- I topped mine with nut butter for added taste