Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
Stuffed foods make everything better. I mean, think about it, stuffed peppers, stuffed shells, stuffING, nutella stuffed cookies (yes this is a thing, and yes you need these in your life), so why stop at God's gift to mankind (avocados) ?
In college, chicken salad was my go to for lunch. Simple, affordable, time-saving, and something that actually kept me full. This recipe got a little upgrade from then, and it's something I love to have made for the week ahead.
Instead of the dried fruit, you can always chop up some apple slices or grapes and add them in. The slight sweetness really adds a lot of flavor and balance to the other savory ingredients.
If you are looking to use dried fruit, I suggest dried cherries. While interning with Katie Cavuto, I notice she is always recommending dried cherries over craisins. Unfortunately, craisins are already very high in sugar and sweetness, but it's hard to find any that are free of added sugar as well.
Use this recipe and fill up avocados! Scoop out some of the inside to make room for the chicken salad, and use that leftover avocado and throw it in the recipe!
- 1.5 pound chicken
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/8 cup dried cherries
- ALL DA SEASONINGS (I used a lot of sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic powder, a sprinkle of chili powder, hot sauce, Everything But The Bagel seasoning etc.)
- Cook your chicken however you'd like. Grill it, bake it, roast it, crock pot it, heat it over a fire, whatever works for you- just cook that shizz, then finely chop or shred it.
- And then are you ready for this? Mix everything well + stuff it into avocados
- I actually scooped out some of the avocado to make room for the chicken salad and ended up using that leftover to put in the chicken salad.