Neapolitan Nice Cream Bars
- 3 frozen bananas (peel before freezing!)
- 3/4 cup yogurt of choice
- 1/2 cup almond milk (may vary, but don't need much)
- 1/2 cup coconut chips*
- 5 ish strawberries
- 1/4 cup Organic Cacao Powder (I used this from Food To Live)
- 3 Lara Bars**
- Use a dash of coconut oil and lightly grease the bottom of a 9" bread pan
- Open 3 Lara Bars of your choice, and roll into a ball
- Press this Lara Bar "dough" on the bottom of the greased pan
- Blend 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup coconut chips, and a dash of almond milk (if needed) until well blended. Should be sherbert consistency. Scoop out and spread over the Lara Bar crust. Place in the freezer
- Clean out blender or processor and then blend another frozen banana, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup cacao powder, and a dash of almond milk until smooth. Take the pan out of the freezer and pour this chocolate layer over the white layer. Place back in freezer
- Rinse out blender again and blend the last frozen banana, the strawberries, 1/4 cup yogurt, and 1/4 cup coconut chips with a dash of almond milk until smooth. Pour over the chocolate layer
- Now is the time to add toppings if you'd like. I added cacao nibs for crunch :)
- Once fully frozen, you can cut into bars in sizes of your choice. It may help to let thaw for a minute or two before cutting.
- Make sure you are cutting through the crust too before scooping out. One of mine got separated because I didn't cut all the way through to the crust.
- Once frozen and cut, store in an air tight container, or make an air tight container using foil or plastic wrap. This will reduce freezer burn or that "icy" taste.
- *Make these your own! I used coconut chips for some PHAT, but I'm sure coconut butter, coconut oil, or cream of coconut would work just as well since they are eventually going to be frozen anyway.
- **A bread pan made them taller, but a larger pan could be used for shorter bars. You may need another Lara Bar to cover the pan though.
- Enjoy! If you have any suggestions please comment or message me.