Chocolate PB Energy Bites
I actually made these a little while back and fell in love. When I made energy or bliss balls in the past, it usually just turned into a sad ball of mush. Not much bliss, not much energy.
My brother sent me this recipe to make since we had all the ingredients, and they were so good! I slightly altered it, and now it's a staple in my fridge (yes this counts as #mealprep). They're perfect to have made when you're craving something sweet yet substantial.
I used Food To Live's organic cacao powder and I'm loving the taste. Not too bitter, and the bulk is perfect. I used to get small amounts of cacao, and I feel like it would be gone within two recipes! Their big resealable bags are easy to store and last longer than the smaller bags.
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (coconut oil should work too)
- 1/3 cup Organic Cacao Powder (Food to Live)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used PB!)
- 1 cup oats of your choice
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts of your choice
- Topping of your choice: I used extra PB to drizzle and cacao nibs
- I like to have all ingredients measured out before putting over heat so I'm not fumbling and nothing burns.
- In a small pot over low heat, slowly melt the coconut butter, cacao powder, and maple syrup while stirring every so often.
- Once melted, add in the peanut butter, oats, and crushed nuts. Mix well.
- Roll into balls. You may want to chill it in the fridge or freezer before rolling them so they form better.
- Add toppings if you want, store in the fridge, and enjoy!!
I was compensated Food To Live to use their cacao powder, but all opinions and wording is my own:)