Summer Tuna Salad
Somehow it's already August, and I'm finding myself buying summer produce in fear of it soon not being in season! On my summer bucket list of food I have in my mind, I had a summer salad with strawberries and feta cheese, and finally got some tuna to top it with.
I got my hands on Safe Catch after seeing it all over instagram, and it definitely lives up to the hype. The dark, rich color of the tuna and the freshness in each can is definitely a step above the tuna I was used to in elementary school.
Some reasons why I choose Safe Catch over all other brands of tuna:
- Safe Catch only uses tuna caught from sustainable tuna stocks. They're traceable from catch to can!
- They test EACH fish for mercury levels, they are 10x stricter than the FDA, and have the lowest mercury levels of any brand.
- About 1 in 3 fish they test do not meet their standards and cannot be used. They legitimately care about the quality of their product, not just the profit that can be made.
- Their tuna is hand-packed which helps retain Omega-3s and its flavor.
- It is non-GMO, BPA-free, and when noted, they only use salt. Just pure tuna.
I don't know about you, but I literally geek out when brands are like this. Nothing to hide, and genuinely have their consumer's well-being in mind.
Without further ado, here is the recipe! Make it while strawberries are still fresh + juicy :)
- 1 can Safe Catch Tuna (I used their citrus pepper)
- 1 heaping tbsp of Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise (or olive oil)
- Salt + pepper (I used Everything But the Bagel seasoning)
- Dark leafy greens
- Strawberry slices
- Cucumber chunks
- Avocado chunks
- Chopped red onion
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Drain tuna, and place in a small bowl with the greek yogurt, mayo, and seasonings. Mix well
- On top of the greens of your choice, top it with the strawberries, cucumber, avocado, onion, and feta cheese. Top it with the tuna salad
- Drizzle with olive oil, or top with dressing of your choice and enjoy!
I was compensated by Safe Catch for this recipe. Opinions expressed here about Safe Catch are my own and I only recommend products I would personally use! Yay.