Pretty in Pink Cashew Cheesecake Cups
These cashew cheesecake cups are my FAV. I don't know if you can tell (I've posted versions of them 3 times in the past couple months haha).
I think I am forever indebted to @shapedupshelley for sharing her bars inspired by the wonderful mama @dani_nemeh. I love to have these made and in the freezer for those times I need a snack or something sweet.
I've seen Pitaya Plus over the past year and always wanted to try them, but never ordered them. i finally found their packets in my local organic store and geeked out (and then proceeded to buy them of course).
So without any more info about grocery store geek outs, here's the recipe! I hope you enjoy :)
- 1 cup cashews measured dry
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used almond milk yogurt)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp. organic 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 packet of Pitaya Plus
- For a crust, I used Lara Bars (2 total)
- ~6 cupcake liners
- Soak cashews in cool water for at least an hour-overnight
Cashews are extra high in antinutrients that can block the body's absorption of nutrients. Soaking these not only aids in the blending process, but decreases these antinutrients!
- Blend all ingredients, except the Lara Bars, until smooth
- Split both Lara Bars into 3 even pieces. Place liners in cupcake tray, and press these pieces into the bottom of each liner
- Pour the pink cashew mixture over them evenly.
- I had a little bit leftover so I got creative and made one just with the mixture and no crust, and also filled the cup slightly, added a center to it, and then covered it to have a filled cup.
- Store in the freezer and enjoy! Don't need to let thaw when you take one out.
If you don't have pitaya, use about 1/4 cup berries. This will still give it a rich color full of antioxidants!