Ovenless Caramelized Bananas
So if you're looking for that something sweet to top your oatmeal or toast, you HAVE to try this. Plus, it only requires a couple ingredients most of you have in your kitchens already!
I decided to top mine on top of mashed sweet potato, almond milk yogurt, along with blueberries and chia seeds.
You can choose to cut them length-wise, or in coin shapes, which go especially well on top of a stack of protein pancakes. Either way, here's the recipe, enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 slightly underripe banana (if it's too ripe it will fall apart)
- 1 tbsp. organic maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp. water
- Heat the coconut butter (or oil) in a skillet over medium heat
- Meanwhile, cut the banana length-wise or into coin-like shapes
- Place the banana into the skillet and cook on each side for just under 2 minutes
- While that cooks, mix the maple syrup with water to thin it out
- Drizzle over the bananas in the pan and cook until browned
- If you leave it in too long, it might get too soft, so take it off the heat once light brown
- Top on oatmeal, toast, banana bread, pancakes, etc!