Egg Skillet Fritatta
Hello hello! I apologize to those asking for the recipe that it took this long to put up. Life was a little hectic with finals being last week, but I'm finally done (yay!) and looking forward to being a little more present on here.
I made this fritatta last week, and it was so amazing to have throughout the week. If you cut them up and store them in the fridge, all you have to do is heat and go making busy mornings (or afternoons) a sitch.
The thing I love about this recipe, is the room for creativity. You don't have to stick to the veggies I used. If you love broccoli, use that! Love kale, add that in! Either way, it's an easy way to incorporate more veggies into your breakfast, and is delicious as well :) Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2.5 bell peppers, chopped
- Handful of brussels and tomatoes, halved
- 12 eggs
- 1/8 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 350 F
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the oil of choice
- Add in onions and cook until tender (3 ish minutes)
- Add in peppers and other veggies, and cook until tender
- Salt and pepper throughout
- In a blender or large bowl, whisk the eggs and water
- Pour into the skillet over the veggies and cook for a couple of minutes
- Place in oven, and cook for about 10-15 minutes (or until eggs thoroughly cooked in the center)
- Enjoy hot, or cut up, and store in fridge. I microwave mine for about 40 seconds if enjoying at a later time