Six Ingredient Fudgy Brownies
I actually meant to pick up sweet potato at the store before making these, but totally forgot, so these were kind of an experiment. I mean, it really isn't a tough experiment to succeed at when it comes to throwing together chocolate, nut butter, and maple syrup, but they came out!
These brownies are super dense, fudgy, made with real ingredients, and are perfect to keep made and stored in the fridge when you're craving something chocolatey (me every night lol). After taking a little survey the other day, I realized not as many people actually make the things they see on instagram, so I wanted to make sure these used as minimal ingredients as possible.
Get creative with it too. There's room to add different ingredients you love like chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, pumpkin, chia, or flax seeds. I haven't experimented using other types of nut/seed butters because almond butter always seems to be the thickest, but I'm sure most others could work.
So anyway, let me know if you have any suggestions or have tried these. I love to see your creations.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (can blend regular oats to a flour)
- 1/4 (heaping) cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground chia (or one more tbsp oat flour)
- 1/2 cup almond butter (I used crunchy)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optional: add in's like chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, etc
- Pre heat oven to 315 F
- Line a bread/loaf pan with wax paper (mine was 9")
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl well until a batter forms
- Pour/scoop into pan
- Bake for 17-19 minutes
- It won't seem done due to the almond butter, but once cooled + chilled, it will firm up
- Wait until fully cooled to cut. I cooled mine in the fridge.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy! Store in fridge
So uh.. chopping up brownies and putting them in containers counts as meal prep, right? :)
Thanks for stopping by!