Cool Cashew Cream Cheese Bars
Here I am. 10pm on the Thursday before my 8am Friday final and I'm making these cream cheese bars. I always find myself making something before exams or when a lot if going on, I guess since baking and cooking is a form of de-stressing for me. Or it's just a big ole ploy to procrastinate some more. (most likely the latter lol)
EITHER WAY, I made 'em and they're delicious! I saw @shapedupshelley's blueberry bars using Go Macro bars as the crust, and @dani_nemeh's beautiful beet and strawberry version using Purely Elizabeth, so I had to make some of my own.
I chose to use Emmy's Organic's clean cookies (PB flavor obviously), and a medley of whatever frozen berries I had in the freezer. Here's the rest of the recipe, hope you enjoy!
- 9 Emmy's Peanut Butter Cookies (1 large bag)
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked (measured when they're dry)
- 1/2 cup berries (i mixed blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- 1.5 tbsp coconut butter (optional)
- I rolled each Emmy's cookie into a ball, then formed them all together to make one large cookie dough
- I then formed it to the bottom of an 8" bread pan
- Blend the soaked cashews, berries, honey, coconut butter and almond milk until smooth
- Scoop out, pour and smooth over crust
- Store in freezer
- When frozen, take out to thaw a couple minutes, then cut and serve!